Thank you letter to all travelers, free Primogems and more
A few hours ago, Genshin Impact players received an in-game email from Genshin Impact’s operations team. The contents? A thank you note and unexpected rewards – including free Primogems!
Here are the details and implications of that post, just a day after a complicated anniversary of the world’s favorite Gacha game.
Thank you to all travelers 1/4
This is the subject line of the email travelers received on September 29, 2021 at 10:42 am.
The content is a letter from the Genshin team thanking the gratitude of all players. The post is also a reminder for the upcoming gig online on October 3.
For the most part, the post includes the attachment of two big rewards:
- 400 free Primogems
- The Glider: Wings of Shimmering Galaxy
The glider was announced as part of the Boundless Symphony Bundle, in commemoration of the upcoming first Genshin Impact concert.
As of this writing, this email has only been received for players on the Asian server. However, it is aimed at all travelers. We can assume that the freebies will arrive to players based in North America and Europe once their servers are refreshed.
The first of other gifts to come
Also in the subject line, players will notice that the message “Thank you to all our travelers” includes the abbreviation 1/4, which gives us reason to believe that this is only the first of four similar messages.
Our predictions for the next awards
- More Primogems, 400×4 equals 1600 Primogems, just enough for 10 wishes that guarantee a 4-star character or a 4-star weapon.
- kfc wings, Leaks reported that Genshin Impact was collaborating with Col. Sanders in the design of a special glider.
- However, after months, there is no sign of the red and yellow wing despite constant demand from the community.
- Tuneful Delight Business Card, it is possible that other parts of the original concert set will be rewarded in thank you emails.
- Splendid Phrase: A playable harp for your Pot Serenitea. According to the announcements, this instrument can be played in a similar way to that of the Windblume Festival.
- Five star character or weapon: Although this is a huge reward, being able to choose a 5 star character or weapon from the permanent banner would be a nice addition (Mona, Qiqi, Jean, Diluc, Keqinq)
The ability to choose an old character or a 5-star weapon was a possibility that most of the community had expected as part of the anniversary celebration.
However, miHoYo has decided to offer most of the giveaways as prizes in the actual contest. This situation complicated the relationship between the developers and the fan base, raising some complaints to the surface.
Yesterday, on Genshin Impact’s anniversary, over 2 million gamers dropped Genshin Impact’s rating on the Google Play Store from a brilliant 4.1 to a very disturbing 1.8.
Hopefully these surprising giveaways are the start of the needed repairs with the community that made this game one of the most popular in the world.