The Valkyrie Bitcoin ETF launches today! 8 things to know for potential BTF investors
Valkyrie Funds has announced the launch of its Bitcoin Strategy ETF (NASDAQ:BTF) with stocks starting to trade today.
Let’s take a look at all the potential investors must know about the Valkyrie Bitcoin ETF.
- Bitcoin Strategy ETF only tracks the value of Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Bitcoin futures contracts.
- The objective of the fund is to offer investments in Bitcoin (CCC:BTC-USD) without investing in it directly.
- Valkyrie Funds claims that those who invest in ETFs benefit from additional regulation and transparency.
- It is also looking to attract the interest of more investors who are considering crypto as an option.
- The company notes that around 21 million Americans already own crypto.
- He also mentions that this number is expected to more than double to 51 million over the next year.
- Fund futures contracts are delivered in cash and available from CME Group.
- Valkyrie also says that this fund is the first in a planned suite of ETFs focused on blockchain and digital assets.
Leah Wald, CEO of Valkyrie Funds, said this about the Bitcoin ETF launch today.
“This Bitcoin Strategy ETF is a big step forward for this asset class. It allows investors to participate in digital asset markets through a regulated and transparent product that trades on a trusted and reliable exchange and can be bought and sold as easily as any other investment currently available. “
BTFD stock was down 3.3% on Friday morning.
Investors looking for more stock and crypto news are in luck!
InvestorPlace covered the latest events in both spaces. Some examples for today include this morning’s stock movements, as well as updates on Ripple (CCC:XRP-USD) and Shiba inu (CCC:SHIB-USD). You can find all this information on the following links!
More stock and crypto news for Friday
As of the publication date, William White does not have (directly or indirectly) any position in any of the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author, submitted to InvestorPlace.com Publication guidelines.
The post office The Valkyrie Bitcoin ETF launches today! 8 things to know for potential BTF investors appeared first on Investor place.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.